I am currently living and working at home in North Wiltshire.
In my role as Director of Research for Research England, I am focussing on:
- planning for the evaluation of REF 2021 and starting work on thinking about the next national research assessment.
- the implications of the Spending Review for Research England's funding for next year.
- planning contributions to the Third Mission Panel for the Italian national research assessment, the VQR. I am presenting on the experience of assessing impact in the REF.
I am thinking about, researching, or drafting articles on:
- planning some longer essays on the assessment of research impact.
I am currently reading:
- Why I’m No Longer Talking to White People About Race by Reni Eddo-Lodge
- The Dark Forest by Cixin Liu
Updated 6 December 2020. Inspired by this.