I am currently living and working at home in North Wiltshire.
In my role as Director of Research for Research England, I am focussing on:
- how to allocate additional funding streams (for specialist institutions, announced in Budget 2020, and capital funding, announced on 1 July 2020)
- working on Research England's contributions to the Spending Review
- preparing to chair panel sessions at the Global Research Council conference on Responsible Research Assessment and the Engage Festival.
I am thinking about, researching, or drafting articles on:
- alternatives to peer review for the allocation of research funding (mentioned in a previous post)
- the implications of applying the ideas of systems thinking to the research system (also mentioned in a the same post)
- updating the ideas in my post on 'Four trends shaping the future of research evaluation' in the light of the pandemic
- the role of 'realist' approach to evaluation in research policy
- writing a review of Mass Appeal by Justin Gest, for the LSE Review of Books.
I am currently reading:
Updated 21 November 2020. Inspired by this.